• Lift Every Voice: Black Student Union Showcase 2024

Black History Month

Lift Every Voice: Black Student Union Showcase 2024

• Student Parking Lot Entrance/Exit

Administrative Updates

Work Needed: The Student Parking Lot

• Rising and Falling Temps in Classrooms

Features

Rising and Falling Temps in Classrooms

• Social Science Department

Features

Northside Teachers Get Competitive

• Pride, the Police Force and The LGBTQ+ Community

News

Pride, the Police Force and The LGBTQ+ Community

• Farewell From Your Editor-in-Chief and a Farewell to the 2020-2021 School Year

Features

Farewell From Your Editor-in-Chief and a Farewell to the 2020-2021 School Year

• Marching to Victory? Students Predict March Madness

A&E

Marching to Victory? Students Predict March Madness

• Chris Naglestad (Adv. 707) competes in a race. (Photo by Ethan Ding)

Features

Making a Splash: Men’s Swim and Dive Completes Their Season

• Water, Water, Everywhere

News

Water, Water, Everywhere

• Student Life

Cutting Corners & Saving Cash

The Student News Site of Northside College Preparatory High School

The Hoofbeat

The Hoofbeat

The Hoofbeat

Past Articles

Cubby Walk 2024

All You Need to Know!

With the Cubby Walk coming up on Thursday, here is some important information about logistics from Assistant Principal Mr. Barry Smith.

Preparing for the Game in Advance:

Students who do not have a completed permission slip and have paid the $45 minimum will not be able to attend the Cubby Walk. You can find a digital version of both forms by clicking this link. Please do your best to complete the forms in advance so that the day of logistics for Cubby Walk is as smooth as possible.

Day of Schedule: 

On Thursday, all students should report directly to their advisory. There, they will receive further instructions about collecting shirts if they have already paid or information about how to pay if they have not. It is important that you are in your advisory for attendance purposes at 8:00 AM. Students will have an opportunity to come down and pay, but if you are in line at 7:58 AM you will be asked to go to advisory to check-in and may risk losing your spot. Please do your best to pay and turn in your permission slip in advance of Thursday.

Pep Rally:

The pep rally will start around 10:00 AM. Please wait for an announcement before coming down. All students will leave through the main entrance and must have their Cubby Walk Shirt with them.

The Walk/Route:

We will plan on leaving NCP at 10:45 AM. All students will need to leave via the main doors and will need to have their Cubby Walk shirt on them or with them to leave. We are planning to have water distributed outside the main doors to students/walkers.

The route that we are following is located here. ‘Tickets’ will be handed out at checkpoint 3 (see below)

Tickets:

The Cubs have switched to all-digital tickets (same as last year for veterans of the Cubby Walk). This means students will not get their tickets at checkpoint 3 as in previous years. Instead, everybody will receive a paper ticket that they will present to a parent volunteer at either gate 3 or 4 to get into Wrigley (SUBJECT TO CHANGE). All are encouraged to take a picture of the chaperone’s phone to have a record of where they are sitting.

It is critical that we use all of the tickets we received. Students must enter Wrigley Field or we risk not being able to get tickets in the future and missing out on this amazing tradition.

Weather/Wrigley/Misc.:

As of right now, the weather on Thursday is 54 and overcast with a slight chance of rain. However, we all know that this can change very quickly; please plan accordingly. Also please be aware that Wrigley has very specific policies on what can and can’t be brought into the stands. Please familiarize yourself with the rules here.

Wrigley has also gone cashless. Purchases of food and refreshments can be made with debit/credit/and certain mobile pay options. There are also reverse ATMs available in sections 117 and 217 to convert cash into a card payment form.

IMPORTANT LESSON FROM LAST YEAR: Students should plan on not bringing anything larger than a purse with them if they want to enter the stadium the standard way. Last year several students brought cleat bags, backpacks, and other items that complicated the process. You may still be able to enter but you will be entering through a different gate and may not be able to sit with your friends. If you are attending the Cubby Walk, there is no need to bring a bag on the walk with you!

Students Staying Behind:

Students staying behind will be paired with faculty/staff to help out with various projects or to stay behind to study. All students will have the option of off-campus lunch or eating on campus from 11:30 – 1:00. Dismissal will be at 3:00 PM.