• Rising and Falling Temps in Classrooms

Features

Rising and Falling Temps in Classrooms

• Social Science Department

Features

Northside Teachers Get Competitive

• Pride, the Police Force and The LGBTQ+ Community

News

Pride, the Police Force and The LGBTQ+ Community

• Farewell From Your Editor-in-Chief and a Farewell to the 2020-2021 School Year

Features

Farewell From Your Editor-in-Chief and a Farewell to the 2020-2021 School Year

• (Patrick Smith/GI)

A&E

February Madness: 4 College Basketball Games to Watch this Month

• Northside Presents the Musical: MAMMA MIA!

A&E

Northside Presents the Musical: MAMMA MIA!

• (Graphic from Revolution Prep, 2022)

Features

The New PSAT/SAT Exams

• The NCP Student Parking Lot at midday.

Administrative Updates

Parking, Pot Holes, and Parent Pickups

• Dr. Arthur C. Parker: Former Director of the Rochester Museum of Arts and Sciences. 1912

Entertainment & Culture

The Origins of Native American History Month

• “Eat, Sleep, and Have Sanity: Mrs. Mathews Guide to Course Selection

Features

“Eat, Sleep, and Have Sanity:” Mrs. Mathews’ Guide to Course Selection

The Student News Site of Northside College Preparatory High School

The Hoofbeat

The Hoofbeat

The Hoofbeat

Past Articles

Cheer for Northside’s New Cheer Coach

Introducing Ms. Hernandez
Cheer for Northsides New Cheer Coach

Following a fulfilling 2022-23 season, Northside cheer was left searching for a new coach. Ms. Janitza Hernandez is currently the face of Northside’s library and the softball coach here at Northside. 

An avid cheerer, Ms. Hernandez has been involved with cheer since 4th grade. Her background in competitive cheer has taught her the ins and outs of being a cheerleader. She applied this knowledge as a coach at Shabbona Park and hopes to bring her years of experience and expertise to Northside’s cheer program. During our interview with Ms. Hernandez, she said, “I’m feeling excited this year! The kids seem to be just as excited as I am, which is nice coming into the school year, but I think we’re off to a great start.”

The team is buzzing with excitement awaiting their season. Cheer Co-Captain Samia Sheth (Adv. 409) told us, “We’re going to have a routine this year for halftime, which makes it feel more like a team.” They are looking forward to cheering at basketball games with their new halftime routine and continuing to practice with their new coach.

The current roster for the Cheer Team includes Quinn Shanahan, Emily Araujo, Phoebe Morcos, Samia Sheth, Citlali Salgado, Sophia Duong, Wiktoria Mleczko, Leilani Nunez, Ellyse Wiechert, Haley Morgan, Christin Murray, Jessica Perez, and Jimia Payton.