• Women’s Bowling Tops The Green North Division

News

Women’s Bowling Tops The Green North Division

• Building Damage: Insights From Principal Stuber

Administrative Updates

Building Damage: Insights From Principal Stuber

• Selecting Selective Enrollment

Features

Selecting Selective Enrollment

• Lift Every Voice: Black Student Union Showcase 2024

Black History Month

Lift Every Voice: Black Student Union Showcase 2024

• Student Parking Lot Entrance/Exit

Administrative Updates

Work Needed: The Student Parking Lot

• Rising and Falling Temps in Classrooms

Features

Rising and Falling Temps in Classrooms

• Social Science Department

Features

Northside Teachers Get Competitive

• Pride, the Police Force and The LGBTQ+ Community

News

Pride, the Police Force and The LGBTQ+ Community

• Farewell From Your Editor-in-Chief and a Farewell to the 2020-2021 School Year

Features

Farewell From Your Editor-in-Chief and a Farewell to the 2020-2021 School Year

• 2023/2024 20-Hour Show Part 1

Entertainment & Culture

2023/2024 20-Hour Show Part 1

The Student News Site of Northside College Preparatory High School

The Hoofbeat

The Hoofbeat

The Hoofbeat

Past Articles

Following a long winter season, the Northside College Prep women’s bowling team clinched the Green North Division title for the first time in January. This was Ms. Cirrincione’s (Physical Education) second year coaching.

Coach Cirrincione watches as the team racks up points in a win against Senn.

The Mustangs showcased their skill throughout the season, culminating in an impressive third-place finish overall in the conference. Coach Cirrincione noted that, as far as she could remember, “It had been at least a decade since the girls were this successful,” she was glad to have watched over the team again this year.

The team’s impressive scores in their division-clinching round

Seniors Emily Rodriguez (Adv. 406) and Ginny Driscoll (Adv. 403) led the Mustangs. Their performances not only contributed significantly to the team’s divisional success but also earned them spots in the regional and sectional competitions. Their achievements highlight the team’s depth of talent and dedication, setting a high standard for current and future members.

Rodriguez (left) and Driscoll (right) pose together after their Regionals performance.

Rodriguez commented that she was “proud to be a part of this divisional win,” and even with her personal accomplishments, felt “she still had a lot she wanted to improve on.” She hopes to continue bowling for fun past high school, although she doesn’t plan to pursue it at a collegiate athletics level. She also reflected that “[she’ll] miss having Thursday practices and spending time with the team” but hopes that “future bowlers can learn from the example [they’ve] set” and continue on the positive culture.

The victory in the Green North Division is a testament to the team’s hard work and camaraderie over their 8-game regular season. It marks a milestone in Northside College Prep’s history, especially during the school’s 25th anniversary, and lays a solid foundation for future success.

From left to right: Eve McMillin (adv. 409), Liz Reynolds (adv. 405), Ginny Driscoll (adv. 403), Katherine Morley (adv. 404), and Emily Rodriguez (adv. 406) hold up signs on their senior day.

The school community is excited and proud and looks forward to what the Mustangs will achieve next. Congratulations to the team and Coach Cirrincione on this outstanding achievement!