• Lift Every Voice: Black Student Union Showcase 2024

Black History Month

Lift Every Voice: Black Student Union Showcase 2024

• Student Parking Lot Entrance/Exit

Administrative Updates

Work Needed: The Student Parking Lot

• Rising and Falling Temps in Classrooms

Features

Rising and Falling Temps in Classrooms

• Social Science Department

Features

Northside Teachers Get Competitive

• Pride, the Police Force and The LGBTQ+ Community

News

Pride, the Police Force and The LGBTQ+ Community

• Farewell From Your Editor-in-Chief and a Farewell to the 2020-2021 School Year

Features

Farewell From Your Editor-in-Chief and a Farewell to the 2020-2021 School Year

• Cubby Walk 2024

Cubby Walk Pictures

Cubby Walk 2024

• Marching to Victory? Students Predict March Madness

A&E

Marching to Victory? Students Predict March Madness

• Chris Naglestad (Adv. 707) competes in a race. (Photo by Ethan Ding)

Features

Making a Splash: Men’s Swim and Dive Completes Their Season

• Water, Water, Everywhere

News

Water, Water, Everywhere

The Student News Site of Northside College Preparatory High School

The Hoofbeat

The Hoofbeat

The Hoofbeat

Past Articles

Student Outfits of the Week

Walk the halls of Northside and you can see all different types of fashions and styles, but have you ever noticed that how you dress often reflects how you are feeling? 

Julia R. (Adv. 604)

Different students from different grades shared their feelings about their wardrobe. 

Julia R. a sophomore at Northside,  said, ‘’ If I feel tired I’ll wear pj’s.” She also said,  “When I feel good [she will wear clothes that reflects that].”  “It just depends honestly.”

Most of the student body said that when they feel tired or lazy they usually put on pajamas because they don’t have the energy to think of something else to wear. 

Chloe L. (Adv. 506), said, ‘’I actually choose my outfits a week in advance. I look at the weather to match the outfits and sometimes I do it based on my feelings, but most of the time I feel pretty solid when it comes to picking out my outfits.”.

Chloe Lawson (Adv. 506) 

What’s your favorite thing to wear? And why?.

Chloe Lawson answered,‘’ I would say graphic tees because that’s a form of self-expression. I usually buy a lot of colorful tees. I have a whole drawer dedicated to them.”

Julia answered this same question differently: “Crop tops because they make me feel more secure… comfortable [and] confident in myself .”

Teachers and Fashion

We also asked teachers if they selected outfits depending on their mood. Ms, Saliba (Diverse Learners) said,  “My favorite thing to wear is dresses. In the spring and summer months, I nearly live in a sundress and jean jacket. In the fall and winter, I enjoy wearing turtleneck dresses with a leather jacket or blazer and a pair of boots. I find dresses to be very comfortable and versatile. For specific events or special occasions, I love finding a unique statement dress. “ 

Mr. Curry’s (Diverse Learners) response to one of the questions was ‘’ I chose my outfits based on how I feel I always believed that how you dress is how you feel that’s why I take it seriously during winter dressing up isn’t as exciting as other seasons, but I would say it reflects my mood.’’ Do you guys pick out your outfits based on how you feel? If so, how much does your outfit change when you’re not feeling good?